FusionPipe Announces CJIS Compliant QuikID™ Enhanced Software Release for September Availability
Vancouver, BC, August 29, 2017 — FusionPipe Software Solutions Inc. (“FusionPipe”), a Vancouver-based leader in providing world-class authentication & data security solutions for Enterprises, today announced that its next major release of QuikID™ for Windows Authentication, specifically designed to meet strict CJIS compliance regulations, will be commercially available this September.
QuikID™ V6.6 has been enhanced to conform to Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy which outlines required security policies for accessing and storing Criminal Justice Information (CJI), which is an essential requirement for solutions being used as means of authentication by Law Enforcement agencies.
The features that were added to allow QuikID™ to be CJIS compliant are part of the 2 main end user components of the software:
- Recovery login – required in situations where the end user’s smartphone is not available for authentication; this feature presents the end user with multi-question challenges which they must answer correctly in order to login to their computer
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) – enforced use of a PIN code during login process in compliance with CJIS’ Security Policy criteria for Personal Identification Numbers
“This new release of QuikID™ authentication was built to help our customers and prospects adhere to CJIS compliance requirements, something we as a company take very seriously”, said David Snell, CEO & Chairman of FusionPipe. “Law Enforcement Agencies can be audited to demonstrate compliance and failure to comply can have serious consequences. We wanted to make sure that our software embodies all the features required to achieve and enhance CJIS compliance.”
FusionPipe’s QuikID™ for Windows Authentication application consists of 2 components:
1) QuikID™ smartphone app (iOS and Android)
2) QuikID™ Dashboard Windows Client Application
Product Features & Benefits:
- Convenient & secure 2FA and multifactor authentication
- Proximity-based automatic device locking/unlocking
- Replaces passwords, tokens, smart cards, USB drives, OTP’s
- Meets CJIS compliance and other security policies (HIPAA, NERC)
- Software-only application – no need for additional hardware or servers
- Recovery Login functionality
- Compatible will all Enterprise security infrastructures
- Multi user capabilities
- Localized language versions available
- Available for iOS and Android
Figure 1: QuikID™ - Proximity based Authentication for CJIS Compliance
For more information on Criminal Justice Information Services Security Policy, visit: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/cjis-security-policy-resource-center
For more information on QuikID™, visit: www.quikid.com
About FusionPipe Software Solutions
FusionPipe Software is a dynamic, rapidly growing technology company whose mission is to replace passwords, smart cards and tokens using smartphone and wearable applications to enable more convenient and secure end user authentication based solely on proximity. We are the leader in world-class authentication and advanced data security solutions for Enterprises. Our patented technology addresses the growing global need for convenient yet secure authentication and identity management. FusionPipe provides Enterprises with disruptive technology, that is easy to use and implement, increases productivity and lowers the total cost of ownership.
Please visit FusionPipe for more information.